What Is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is simply conducting much of a healthcare visit via the internet. Patients have a “virtual visit” using video-enabled technology that allows them to see their doctor – and their doctor to see and assess them. Preparing for a telehealth visit is as simple as downloading an app or logging onto a web-based video conferencing platform via the internet using your laptop or smartphone.
At EnAim Telehealth, we use telehealth in a slightly different way. We serve medical facilities – hospitals, clinics, acute-care, and post-acute care settings, for example – by providing immediate, around-the-clock access to a wide range of specialized physicians.
Benefits of Specialty Telemedicine
Telehealth access to medical experts as needed allows many facilities to provide a higher level of care to their patients, as well as many additional benefits.
In general, our telehealth visits are:
- Convenient – there is no delay or travel time for your patients
- Seamless – it causes no interruption to your usual routine
- Cost-effective – it saves facilities and patients money and time
- Improves patient outcomes – with access to the medical experts they need
- Speedy – with electronic data transmission, getting an accurate diagnosis or consult is a breeze
- Private – with secure, HIPAA-compliant technology
- Easy-to-use – intuitive technology is simple to operate
Find out more about the use of telemedicine in healthcare on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
Learn More About Telemedicine, Call Us Today!
Want to know more about our nationwide telemedicine services at EnAim Telehealth? Leave us a message now.